Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Happy Birthday Candice

Yes, today is my wife’s birthday. She has no idea I am putting this on but I want everyone to know how much she means to me. It would be hard to give a list of all the things I like about her so I will tell what I don’t like.

I don’t like it when we're apart. When I have to go to work or she has to go out I can’t wait till were back at home together. When she leaves, the kids say I act like a little chihuahua looking out the window every two minutes to see if she’s home yet. Then when she pulls in the driveway, which is three tenths of a mile long, I dance around with the four year old shouting “mommy’s home mommy’s home” till she gets in the door.

I don’t like it when I make her sad. I am not the most intelligent person on the earth and I tend to do stupid things. She is kind enough not to point these things out to me in the cliché wife way but lets me see the error of my ways for what it’s done and not just what I did. For this I thank her, because it helps be a better person instead of doing the same stupid thing over and over again just in a different way. In the end I feel what I call wifely sorrow. It truly hurts and makes me lover her even more.

I don’t like it when she feels sick. I know it’s a fact of life that people get sick but after eight children and the nausea that goes with it I wish she could have a free pass card on this one. It would be great if a virus or bacteria would come along with it’s vindictiveness and bad intents and say “dang it, she has a Can’t Get Sick card. Now I need to find someone else. Oh look, we’ll get him.” I feel helpless when she’s sick and I wish I could get sick for her.

I don’t like feeling that I can’t take care of her needs. Her biggest concern in life is her family. As with all of us right now times are tight and she is an expert at saving money. It just hurts when I see the anguish in her face when she has to adjust her already frugal spending to make our lives more comfortable.

Some times when I tell her I love her she says “I don’t see why.” To me it’s obvious. She makes me want to be a better person. She loves me and our children to a fault. I can trust her. I can rely on her. I can believe her. I can lean on her and she will never let go. She takes care of me when I’m broken and helps me keep my feet on the ground. We have been together for twenty four years and it only feels like five minutes. I can’t wait for the eternities. The fact that I was able to get someone so great amazes me. Like The Who I call that a bargain, the best I ever had.

Happy Birthday to Candice
Mother of my children
My anchor
My partner
My wife
My best friend


I LOVE YOU

3 comments:

Amy said...

awww, that is sooo sweet! It almost makes me sick to my stomach! You two are so funny!

Yamile said...

I got teary-eyed. Such a sweet thing. Congrats for what you two have. So blessed!

Susan Staus said...

WOW Tim, that's awesome!!! You are a fantastic hubby! That is incredibly sweet!!!!
Happy Birthday Candice!!!
I truly believe you are every wonderful thing Tim has mentioned!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...