Monday, January 31, 2011

WOW! What a nice weekend!

The weather here was awesome! It reached 71 on Sunday as I was driving home from the TFC Friendlies tournament with Dallin.

He had a great weekend of soccer! He's learning a new position - defensive midfield. At least that's where he's playing right now. The team is new, so the coach is still working on developing players' strengths and positioning. I've never seen Dallin in defense.


The drive there is a little under 3 hours, so we listened to Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince. On the way home I was thinking about how some people find it peaceful to sit on their porches and watch the sunset, or take a walk in the woods or on the beach....but as silly as it is, I find it very peaceful driving home from a weekend of soccer listening to an audiobook while the stinky, exhausted soccer player is snoozing in the backseat. Yes, that is probably strange to a lot of people, but to me it's awesome!

This morning as I was cleaning up around the house, I noticed that Kirsten had been creative sometime recently. Check this out:

It amazes me that when my kids graffiti, they write their OWN names! Sillyheads!

A wonderful friend at church recently taught me how to make scarves. I've been having so much fun with it! I have given several as gifts, made some for the kids and Tim and now I have some to share with you! Here's what I've made:



I also have these posted (with prices) on my embellishement kit site --- link to the right....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...