Sunday, January 5, 2014

Menu Monday

I've decided to join the "What's on the Menu Monday" gang. I'm hoping (and Tim is too!) that this will help eliminate those evenings where I give up trying to come up with something yummy and wholesome and just make a frozen pizza.  This week might actually have to start on Tuesday though, because I think I'm going to Asheville with Tim on Monday and I won't have a chance to go to the store other than running in for a rotisserie chicken.  (although if some kind person reading this blog would like to go shopping for me and deliver it here, I certainly wouldn't say no! *** and Tim says don't forget to pay for it - hahahaha!)

Monday - this meal will have to be quick since I'm not going to have much time to cook.  Hayleigh bought me a great little cookbook - Rotisserie Chicken Cookbook - 101 Hearty Recipes with Store-Bought Convenience (from Southern Living)  - from the school book fair.  We've tried this recipe before, and it was what we call a 'have again'.  ~~ Meal - Creamy Chicken and Noodles; salad; sliced Italian bread; dessert - cookies

Tuesday - Little Cheddar Meatloaves; au gratin potatoes; frozen vegetable*; pears; dessert - brownies

Wednesday - Saucy Roast Beef Sliders (over on my pinterest 'beef' board); carrots and celery with dip; potato chips; dessert - the rest of the brownies

Thursday - Dutch Babies (or oven pancakes, if you prefer); thawed strawberries and blueberries that I froze last summer; breakfast sausage. (no dessert needed - the Dutch Babies are sweet enough - especially with the powdered sugar my kids sprinkle on them...and the syrup!)

Friday - Chicken Pillows (on my pinterest 'chicken' board); frozen vegetable*;  dessert - cereal treat bars

*frozen vegetable - whatever bag of vegetables I have in the freezer.  Usually I have green beans, broccoli, corn, peas, and mixed vegetables.  Most of the time I also have cauliflower with some kind of sauce.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...