Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I Went to the Dentist

I had to go to the dentist this morning. I broke a filling last week. I knew it was going to happen because it just felt weird...kind of loose. Anyway, they numbed me up to grind out the big old crappy silver filling and then put in one of those nice white ones. I have a horrible time with the numbing stuff. It works too well. I can be numb for days and days. I have even gotten dental work without being numb. I figure after having 8 children, the dentist is easy-peasy. The dentist used a different kind of numb-stuff today - it's supposed to last 30-45 minutes. My appointment was at 8 AM. I was numb by 8:20. it is now 10:20 and the left side of my face, including my ear is STILL numb. It really sucks! I started thinking about when I got that big old crappy silver filling way back in the dark ages. My dentist didn't even use gloves - how gross is that?? Does anyone else remember that? That is seriously nasty to think about. The gloves my dentist uses now are even flavored. I've got to say that is a major improvement!

3 comments:

Susan Staus said...

Flavored gloves! Wow! I bet you love your new white filling! I have a few silver ones in my mouth and I hate them. But I now I have two nice white teeth because I got caps on them. I spent a lot of my teenage years at the dentist but I don't remember if he used gloves or not. And yes, that is gross to think about.

Scott and Brandee Merkley said...

ewwwww, MOM! I also think that this time the dentist is way hotter. Also, he is probably sad though, because he misses me....lol

Suz said...

: ) Great story.

I found your blog through the CTMH bulletin boards and am now a follower. Would you be willing to follow me, too? http://suzwinter.blogspot.com

Thanks, and blessings...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...