Thursday, August 26, 2010

School

Kirsten was so excited to go to Open House at school on Monday and find out who her teacher would be! When we took her to her classroom, she found her seat right away, sat down and wanted to stay. We explained to her that we needed to go buy some more school things for her so she couldn't start school right then. Later that night, Kirsten realized that none of us would be staying in her class with her....she cried for about an hour!


We told Kirsten that school is just 7 hours (she likes to count) and that it would go by quickly and then she can come home and play. Wednesday morning, the girls had to be up at 6 AM (hopefully they will start being tired at night instead of excited and go to sleep earlier so I don't have to beg and plead and threaten in the morning!). Hayleigh and Kirsten decided on cereal for breakfast and then packed their stuff up. Kirsten kept reminding everyone that school is 'just 7'.


Tim and I walked the girls up to the end of the driveway to wait for the bus. It was cute to see Kirsten walking - her backpack is not really big, she is just tiny!



The bus finally arrived (a little late) and the girls got on and left - Kirsten had no problem at all getting on the bus. She didn't even turn around and wave, although we did get to wave at her when she sat down - her little head was barely peeking through the window!


I had my first 'stay at home by myself day'. I basically did the normal things I always do - laundry, dishes, cooked dinner, and I got my lesson and activity ready for the class I teach Wednesday nights at church. I found some time to play the new game I downloaded onto my phone - Alchemy (it is VERY addictive!). Tim and Keenan worked in the shop and then went to our favorite place for haircuts - Beth & Company Salon. I walked back up to meet Hayleigh and Kirsten from the bus. I looked at the mail while I waited for them, and then I put it back in the box because Kirsten REALLY wanted to get the mail like the 'bigger' kids always did.


I asked Kirsten how her day was and she said that she drank all her juice at lunch. I said "you must have been thirsty! Did you get a water bottle for your classroom?" She said, "No, their have a water fountain and their have a bathroom." Hopefully, 'their' will have a great English program too!
Early morning seminary starts next week, so hopefully we will get back in the 'groove' of school and have things on a schedule and I might have all the stupid papers the kids bring home all filled out by then too! I ought to know by now to just fill one out and make copies, but that would actually need some common sense which I think I lost somewhere around the 4th kid.

3 comments:

Susan Staus said...

Aww!!! That's so cute! I'm glad she didn't cry! That's great that she can ride the bus with her big sister!!!
How fun for you to be home alone during the school day!

Rosanne said...

She's so cute! It's nice that she has her big sister on the bus with her. So you didn't tell us-did you have a little cry when she left? Must feel weird being home alone. Mary leaves in a week-then I'll be home alone. :(

Candice said...

Nope, I really didn't cry when she left. She is ready to go and I am ready to have some Candice time during the day instead of being mom all the time. They still come home in the afternoons :)

When Kirsten leaves for college - that will probably be a different story - maybe I'll go work in Disney World or something happy like that!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...