Friday, May 6, 2011

Easter Egg Hunt

Right before Easter I realized that although I did several Easter Egg Hunts for the older 4 kids, I kind of got lazy with the younger 4 and the last one we did was when Dallin was 2 years old! I never did a hunt for the little girls! So, I bought some candy (and laughed as I was putting it in the plastic eggs - it was ALL chocolate!!), and Tim and I hid over 200 plastic eggs in the yard.









Of course, we had a little issue with nature....poison ivy around the back of the big beech tree and a kildeer mom & dad who were having an absolute fit that we were in the yard and walking near their nest.





Kirsten and I colored some Easter eggs too. On the back of the box of food coloring, there were some 'formulas' listed for different colors. One that we picked to try was peach. Kirsten laughed because it looked exactly like the brown eggs some of the chickens lay! So, we dumped that color and made neon yellow instead.



Besides the Easter egg hunt, I realized the other day that Kirsten never got one of those sectional plastic plates and matching cups like the older kids did! I'm turning into such a lazy parent! When the girls and I went to Kohl's, we found some cute plates and cups, so I bought them each a set. I had Hayleigh take the stickers off the back (because if you leave them on and wash them it's such a mess!!). Anyway - look what Hayleigh found on the back of the plate:




When was the last time you heard of someone choking on a plate??

1 comment:

Susan Staus said...

Too funny! (the choking on a plate)
200 eggs? Wow!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...