Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th!

My favorite verse of the Star Spangled Banner isn't the one everyone always sings...I love the 4th verse:
Oh! thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand
Between their loved home and the war's desolation!
Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!


And my favorite verse of America the Beautiful is this one: (Did you know there are 8 verses to this song??)
O beautiful for heroes proved
In liberating strife.
Who more than self their country loved
And mercy more than life!
America! America!
May God thy gold refine
Till all success be nobleness
And every gain divine!

But, my favorite stir-my-soul patriotic song is I'm Proud To Be An American by Lee Greenwood:
And I’m proud to be an American
where at least I know I’m free
And I wont forget the men who died
who gave that right to me
And I gladly stand up
next to you and defend her still today
‘ Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land
God bless the USA



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...